- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Butter a square 8″ pan, line with parchment. Set aside
- Melt butter in a large glass mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk. Cook 3 minutes, stir, cook 3 more minutes.
- Spoon a bit of the caramel into a cup of ice cold water. If it can be rolled into a soft ball, it’s ready.
- Stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Pour into prepared pan and let sit till completely cooled.
- Cut into rectangle or square shaped pieces and wrap in waxed paper.